Monday, December 19, 2016

MOANA (2016) - ENGLISH

A typical animated film that is a fable made as a musical.

This is for children only film is what I started feeling after the first 10 minutes and as the movie ended, I concluded that this film is made for kids up to 12 years specifically.

There are too many songs to my liking and the story is pretty juvenile. Although there are south pacific cultural elements added, the story is fable-like and in almost every folklore there shall be a hero who has done amazing things fighting against odds. In this film, the hero is the daughter of a chief. She is brave, dares against superstitions and goes all the way for her people to be happy and prosperous. Ah, how many times I have seen such themes and almost similar films. How to be a leader, a king. This plays the same theme in a different backdrop.

Looking at the trailer, the film seemed so different than it really is. The songs are too many and the editing is pretty ordinary. The graphics, the colors are as great as any other Walt Disney movie. Yes, Disney has set a stupendously high started in animated films which other studios can only emulate but hard to beat. I loved the richness of visuals but got pretty bored by many other aspects.

A 2/5 for this film. Though not so much of my taste, I suppose this will be loved by kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche