Tuesday, February 11, 2014

THE LEGO MOVIE (2014) - ENGLISH


A fun film that made me a kid. Of course, I am already a proud kid.

Never since TOY STORY 3, I had so much fun in an animated film. Also, this film made me nostalgic as I used play with Lego toys when I was a kid. So there are some personal things that are attached with this film, and indeed they drove me to the film more than the trailer of the film itself.

The film is a simple, the premise that an ordinary guy can become a hero, only if he believes in himself is well presented. It's not a film that has epic conflict or great story. But it's charm lies in the writing, the wit that is inevitably laughable. Most were laughing out loud in the theater, from my 4 year nephew to a 70 year grand uncle. 

The animation is surely top notch, we have to consider that making a 3D film with real toys is really challenging, and that's where the animation industry in Hollywood must be praised for. Their quality of animation just keeps getting higher and higher and it's so wonderful for the cinema world over. 

The music plays a vital role is conveying that indeed "everything is awesome". Also, the well choreographed events and the detailing of the animation is great. It's all colorful and pleasing to the eyes and the 3D technology gets due justification in a few scenes too. 

I am going with 4/5 and would love to catch it again at the theaters with more kids around, I loved it and hopefully if you ever see it, the kid in you is revealed or you are helped a great deal by your own kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche