Thursday, January 26, 2012

AGNEEPATH (2012) - HINDI


This film took a path of fire and came out firing.

Nice remake, I must admit and I liked many bits of it barring a few which as I said to my friend "I will give in to such few things".

Power-packed and intensifying, this is one drama of vengeance that will go well how many times to make it. But only one rule, it has to stick to the plot and performances have to be to very intense to engage the audience. This movie wins in performances. Hrithik Roshan stands out and so does Sanjay Dutt, all other actors just pitch in aptly  and it sticks to the plot of vendetta. The more imaginative it is, the much better it will be and this one comes in all guns blazing. Sanjay Dutt comes as a surprise and turns out of one the best bad guys of recent times. Hrithik Roshan is a rare actor who does not need lines, a look through his eyes says it all and so very good in this film, he may even win the best actor for this year if something equally riveting or better than this does not come along.

The most prominent thing to notice apart from Hrithik and Sanjay is the background music by Ajay-Atul. I am not sure how many movies in recent times have really had such good background scores and all appreciation to the music director duo. 

It's really a path of fire coz to remake a movie that is made as recently in 1990 and then give its own interpretation or identity is a tough choice. Firstly the comparisons are very nervy, Vijay Dinanath Chahuhan as Amitabh Bachhan is still in my memory and the way he delivers , "Naam Vijay Dinanath Chahuhan", in police station is still very good. Now, most of that was reinterpreted for the good of it and it all came out engagingly, specifically the screenplay took care of many aspects. 

Also, the cinematography and art direction have to be commended. Dialogues by Piyush Mishra are in fact terrific. Just a mention of the raunchy fast paced item number Chikni Chameli, liked it for its pace and thanks to Shreya Ghoshal for singing it so well and for Katrina Kaif for dancing superbly.

Yet there were flaws and the biggest disappointment was editing, a few flashback scenes were not needed and so was a song of a wedding of Rishi Kapoor's son, that song felt more like a distraction than being in film.

Hirthik Roshan, Sanjay Dutt and Ajay-Atul made this movie worth a watch. 

I go with 3/5 but again it's a bollywood typical masala film. So go have fun.

1 comment:

  1. a bit over-hyped movie. I was disappointed to see Vijay Chauhan getting so much emotional all through the film. The kid playing the childhood Vijay showed much better intensity than our Hritik roshan. Also Sanjay Dutt is appreciable only until he opens his mouth to speak dialogues...

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche