Tuesday, August 7, 2018

KARWAAN (2018) - HINDI

A film that must be watched for Irrfan Khan.

It's a road trip film and despite a few unwanted detours, it has its heart in the right place. It's a film that deals with death in the most practical way on screen. While each is different in characterization, yet they find something in common and that is conveyed subtly yet firmly. There are hardly any speeches or preaches except for one in the end which I felt was better edited out and there is life's journey put in a nutshell in the film. 

Although the actors seem to be in good form, all fell flat in front of the master Irrfan. He is the soul of the film. He is conservative, yet has put out his quips in the simplest way possible.  Irrfan is original and natural and yet another time he puts his fine feet in the shoes of the character and makes it his own. I don't think anyone can replace Irrfan. Dulquer and Mithila have done their roles pretty well I must say, but the flair of Irrfan is something that held the film. A glimpse with moist eyes is also endearing by the master actor. 

The cinematography is superb an I loved the colors of the film. The color coding made the film pleasing to the eyes and made this film an easy watch to the eyes. The writing especially the dialogues are top-notch they are simple and full of life. There is hardly a dull moment in the trip. Some scenes are actually pretty hilarious I must say and they had me splits with Irrfan's dialogue delivery. While each character has a back story, Dulquer's backstory is the one that is told in detail and it has it's space, Dulquer is the protagonist of the film and to help him find his ground seems to be the purpose of the film. Yet, everyone finds their respective love for life on the trip. Irrfan Khan (Shaukat) finds his "Mohabbat" while Mithila (Tanya) finds "Maa" and Dulquer (Avinash) finds "Photography". 

The trip is rejuvenating and I am keen to watch it another time albeit at home Prime when it releases on Amazon Prime. A 3/5 for a trip worth taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche