Saturday, August 19, 2017

ANNABELLE:CREATION (2017) - ENGLISH


One of the very horror films, I watched and to top that, I liked it too.


I am not a fan of horror films and indeed I seldom watch them. This is my fourth horror film that I watched in a theatre.  I must say this was a better experience than my previous horror film experiences. Although, "LIFE (2016)" is the best as per me in that list. But that genre was different while "Annabelle" was a true horror film that has ghosts, spirits, dolls and what not. There are a nun, a cross, and other such aspects involved. So this is true to genre horror film that I watched in a theatre.

Let me tell you that this film is part of "The Conjuring" film franchise and I did not watch any Conjuring films and even the earlier film called Annabelle (2014) and yet I could get many parts of the film. So in that way, this film will appeal even to audiences who are new to "The Conjuring" franchise.

There are few aspects I really liked. First and foremost, the build up and the setting. The pace was nice and I hoped this did not have any interval coz there was neither space or need for it. But being in India, the pop corn has to be sold so the interval was brought on and there was some respite from the horror. The pace in the first half was nice and the second half had a lot of frenzy and scary moments. Most of the horror is gone when you actually presume and anticipate. Though, I tried to anticipate the scares most of the times there is still a lot of surprise in the film. 

The writing is apt and the dialogues were contextual which was nice. The acting by the kids and the elders was fine and appealing enough to say that they were playing characters very well and not just acting their parts. I suppose, the kids have done a lot of homework on their characters and they have brought it out really well.

The technical aspects were terrific. The production design was apt and creepy enough, the lighting was good. The soundtrack was just right up there. Of all, I loved the editing, there were almost no uncalled for moments and that is a really high point of this film.

All in all, I liked this film. A 3/5 for one the very few horror films I liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche