Monday, June 26, 2017

PRIMAL FEAR (1996) - ENGLISH

Thundering debut by a talented actor.

I couldn't believe that this was the debut of Edward Norton. I just couldn't believe till I myself figured it out on the internet. The performance by Norton in this film is top notch and I felt its on par with a Kevin Spacey performance in "Se7en" just that it's a debut by Norton while Spacey was a more experienced actor. This film is a must watch for Norton's performance alone.

There are many good things about this film. The writing is one of the strengths here. The performances elevated the writing to a whole new level. Richard Gere was in top form and so was Laura Linney. The music was good too. The highs and lows in the drama are complemented wonderfully by music.

The editing I though was supreme. The film took pace to build the drama and once it bult up the characters well, it just went off smoothly and culminated with a surprise. The whole flow of the film was fluid and extremely engaging. Kudos to the editor.
The cinematography, though limited in scope as most of the film was shot indoors, was good too and the shots only added value to the narrative.

It's a thriller in the mask of a drama. Once the true aspect of the film comes it picks the pace and delivers a blow at the end. Truly speaking, there was a knockout punch in the end.

A 4/5 for a terrific film that has a memorable performance by Edward Norton.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche