Tuesday, June 20, 2017

KAAKA MUTTAI (2015) - TAMIL

This is an outstanding film that is overwhelmed with hope despite undercurrent sadness.

Never thought dreaming of eating a Pizza could be made into such a terrific issue and be so well made into a film. But here we have it, two boys dreaming of eating a Pizza and earning every Penny to make it. Their pursuit only took them forward and it's absolutely right that when we have pursue big dreams "Nothing is Impossible". This film ignites that hope although it's depicted with humility and simplicity.

Most of the movie is shot in a slum and it's surroundings despite such confined spaces the grandeur was brought in through the depiction of human emotions. I loved the way a 'dosa' scene was captured. The lighting, the expression and the angle just brought the needed emotion and elevated the scene. Reality shown really well I shall say. The music is apt and the lyrics are amazing. The music echoes the emotions of the characters very effectively

The kids Vignesh and Ramesh are the stars of this film. There are many adults and a few seasoned actors too in this film, yet these two stole the show from the word go till the last frame.

There are many subplots in this film and those are engaging too. This film shows the divide between haves and havenots. How local politicians have a high handedness in certain aspects. How an accused has to struggle to get a bail. There are many more such fine aspects that make this film a must watch.

Special thanks to producers who having the gut to make this story into a film and more-so to be able to give to audience.

After watching this, I felt wow. I hope you do too. A 4/5 for this terrific film played by kids who are more mature and intelligent than most adults shown. Kudos to the kids and writer and director.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche