Sunday, February 7, 2016

THE GOOD DINOSAUR (2015) - ENGLISH

A touching homecoming adventure of a Dinosaur.

Like in most Pixar films, there are moments that are heart wrenching, touching, exciting and endearing.  In the good dinosaur, there are a lot of such moments thankfully. The dull moments are spared and the editing of making this just 93 minutes feature helped I believe. The film is a thrilling adventure that has a lot of family values and emotional substance. In storytelling, this may quite not match up with the Pixar standards but in visual appeal, it surpasses Pixar's own standards. Technically, this film is just brilliant.

The visual effects are pleasing to the eye and the music pleased my ears. So, it was a great time for my eyes and ears and I liked it. Music by Mychael  Danna can be worth hearing independently too, and it has a universal appeal. Just loved the score of this film. 

The visual effects, the choice of colors, the depiction of natural elements and the dinosaurs itself, are all treat to the vision. It's a great feat in terms of achievement in the animation industry, I fell for the visual aspect of the film and happy to have seen the film in a theater in 3d. 

The writers, I wish had written or shown us a tighter story. Some elements were let loose and the film would have been better even without them. But I can easily spare them, coz they are tough  for a couple of minutes in this 93-minute feature, making 91 minutes totally worth the time.

Thanks to Peter Sohn to give us this film. We are happy about this and I felt to be lucky to have caught this in theaters.

It' a 4/5 for this film. Nice one, that should be watched for a good film experience.

Also, a special mention about the short film "Sanjay's Super Team". This is awesome and indeed, the best-animated shorts I saw in a long long time. The animation work done for the short film is amazing and being an Indian, I was proud with what I saw. Thanks to the director Sanjay Patel for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche