Monday, July 8, 2013

GULABI (1996) - TELUGU


Applaud the premise but I am appalled by the taking specifically the climax

In the climax there is an escape of grand scale from air port to air line runways of the heroine from the clutches of our villain. The moment they get together they make fun again. Now, there is no concern what so ever shown by our super hero who just saved the girl and vice-versa.

Ok, so there is a film based on girl trafficking. Now, is love story the backdrop of issue or the trafficking back drop of love story I could not make out. For first half you have love story and for the second who have the trafficking part. Though, there are first few scenes I am still not convinced yet. I will rather consider this to be love story where as always the super goes and saves his girl. Just for this film, the villain seems to be a trafficking agent. 

The sound effects which seemed so real when I saw the film in theatres I was amazed but now when I saw in home, it seemed so old-age. Perhaps, I have grown up with technology or the film is too old. The cinematography is good in capturing locales but very bad in capturing emotions. The director seemed too deliberate in characterising the actors . The villain seemed to be a rapist more than a trafficker.  The girl seemed to be out of place in cast. The hero J D Chakravarthy (Chandu) seemed to be a ruffian too. Ok, into these how does one embed the characteristics lies in the hands of the director. I must confess that the director Krishna Vamsi has failed miserably there. 

The editing seems slick at the beginning but that pervades to let the drama seep in make a fluid river into a stop and flow canal. The drama is let loose without any scissor to cut it and that's where the film fell apart. 

The music is good when its fresh and even that seems to have aged out with time. The movie thus stands anachronistic and I am going with a generous 2/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche