Monday, July 15, 2013

BHAAG MILKHA BHAAG (2013) - HINDI


To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist that is all - Oscar Wilde

Milkha Singh lives and he truly lived against all the odds. Salute. Please, go watch this film and then judge it.

I always believe that sportsmen and artists are the ones, who truly live. They have a purpose to do something. All others, merely exist. Now existence means since we are born and have to do something we just exist till death and then die someday and nobody except the family and friends remember us. While sportsmen and artists, live even after death and that's the kind of life, we must aspire for. 

Now, this film raised some very pertinent questions, do we Indians, love sport? When was the last film based on a true sportsperson and how many are made? Do we know sportsmen apart from the cricketers, who take part in the Olympics? How many who are reading this, know Milkha Singh?

India is in a sorry state in Sports and except few folks, no one is passionate or serious about sports in our country. A country of 120 Crores does not have 120 medals from the last 120 years. Such is the state of the nation in sport, just very sad. 

OK, now coming to the movie. I just loved it, and it was flawless for me. Yes, there are evident flaws, but all were surpassed by a supreme performance of one man, Farhan Akhtar and his commitment to the role shall win him sublime acclaim. Though all other performances were good. Divya Dutta excelled as Milkha's sister and brought tears to my eyes. 

The cinematography was superb, the color toning used, the way the races were shot, wow it was just exemplary for me. The songs, so apt to situations, I would have still been happy with a couple of songs less, but it's okay. The editing would have been better considering this movie is 3 hours but never did I feel all along that this was so very long. In fact, I cherished every moment of it. I cherished it because of the honesty of purpose, it's one of the most purposeful true stories that has come out in a long time in our country. Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra and Prasoon Joshi have done an exemplary job in executing a story that's nothing short of an epic. 

That takeaway is this "Hard Work, Will Power, and Dedication, for a man with these qualities, the sky is the limit"

It's a 5/5 for this, nothing less. I just loved it. 

Mr. Farhan Akhtar, I loved you as director, then as an actor, then as a singer, and then as a TV host too. Now, I love you as Milkha. You are a prime example of a man who knows his strengths and his limitations. But when you stop doing the stupid ads of Intex and Tata Motors, you will be fine. You are the man who gave us "Lakshya" and Dil Chahta Hai" just don't desecrate by becoming less.  I still see you as a sanctified being.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche